Theme: Communion in Society and in Church
The Fourth Pobal conference for lay people will focus on “Communion” – one of the central themes of the recent Papal document on the vocation and mission of the laity. The weekend conference will begin on Friday evening, 23rd February, at 8 p.m. (registration from 7 p.m.) Over the weekend the following aspects of the theme will be discussed :
communion in interpersonal relationships.
communion in the parish,
communion in society, and
small groups – a way to communion?
The programme will consist of short talks which will be followed by group discussions. Each of the main sessions will conclude with a general discussion.
The speakers will represent a wide range of experiences in building and sustaining communion in society and in Church.
– Fr. Con Casey CSSR. Lecturer in theology. Currently secretary of Irish Theological Association.
– Ben Kimmerling. Married woman involved in renewal. Writes, lectures and conducts workshops with religious, priests and lay people.
– P.J. Madden. Secretary of Irish Nurses Organisation.
– Martin Kennedy and his wife work in youth ministry from their base in Rahan, Offaly and in neighbouring dioceses.
– Gay McCarron is Dublin Planning Officer, Dublin City and County.
Pobal groups, which have been meeting and reflecting on aspects of the conference theme over recent months, will also make short presentations in the course of the weekend. Other groups have also been invited to share their experiences in these areas.